Wednesday, February 2, 2011

'American Idol' recap: How sweet it is

Janell is helping out with Idol this year, and you should know. She hearts Steven Tyler. A little:

I have to start this recap with a disclaimer: I love Steven Tyler. I know the show made a big deal out of him last night, and showed us a few girls losing their gaga over him. But that’s TV love. Like the inexplicable love people have for Paula Abdul that makes them chant her name. I don’t get that. And I know there’s a significant portion of the population, including my husband, that doesn’t get Steven Tyler. But I’m not on TV, I just dig him, for real. I make my small children dance to Aerosmith in the kitchen. I loved him on the show Wednesday night, and I will continue to love him after they crown the next American Idol. Anyone is free to criticize him in the comments, but I don’t know if I will, so consider yourselves warned: this is a Steven Tyler-friendly recap.

In the interest of full disclosure, I will also point out that I am ambivalent toward Jennifer Lopez, but I appreciate her earnest effort to bring glitter eyeshadow to the masses.

The judges arrive in New Orleans. Steven is wearing a little black hat with a feather poking up, and I almost have to say something bad about him. Then he says, “You know what they say about a little hat - it’s good for a little [bleep],” and he tosses the hat away. I’m glad I didn’t have to try to understand the hat.

Source: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/realitycheck/blog/2011/01/american_idol_recap_steven_tyler_jennifer_lopez.html

Salma Hayek Candice Michelle Eva Longoria Eva Mendes

No comments:

Post a Comment