Sunday, May 29, 2011

'American Idol' recap: Top 4 perform

Janell reports on last night's American Idol:

Welcome back to American Idol Season 10 the Remix! I was writing an intro in my head, and I couldn’t remember who got eliminated last week. Casey? No. Pia? No. Oh yeah, Jacob. Sorry, guess I stopped thinking about him long ago. Did you know this show is almost over? Two more weeks! Which, 1) I’ll be in some hotel room again and I don’t know yet if I’ll be able to recap it (I know that makes you all totally bummed) and, 2) did we get away without an “Inspirational Songs” theme night? I sure hope so.

The show opens with shots of past contestants going home and being greeted by screaming mobs. Are they going home this week? Never mind, what are the judges wearing? Randy Jackson is not wearing a cardigan per se, but he is wearing a light sport blazer with the sleeves rolled up. Jennifer Lopez is wearing a denim one-shouldered mini dress that says “Hey! Look at this hourglass figure here!” And Steven Tyler and his feathers are wearing some random pale patterns on his tight pants and scarf, plus a purple shirt. As the contestants come out, James kind of trips on the giant train of Lauren’s dress.

Oh, shoot, you guys. They are sneaking in inspirational songs tonight. At least Pia and Jacob aren’t here to emote all over them. Round 1 will be songs that inspire the contestants, and Round 2 will be songs from the Leiber & Stoller songbook, with mentoring by Lady Gaga. Maybe that will make sense when we get there.

Source: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/realitycheck/blog/2011/05/american_idol_recap_top_4_perform_1.html

Hayden Panetierre megan fox Natalie Portman Katie Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment