Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lady Gaga Was Bullied And It Still Hurts

The bold and beautiful
The bold and beautiful


Lady Gaga didn�t always lead a charmed life. In a recent episode of The View, Gaga admitted that she was bullied as a child and that the words still hurt today.

Gaga admitted that she still sometimes feels like a �loser kid in high school�. When Barbara Walters, one of the hosts of The View, asked Gaga how she � as a superstar � she could feel this way, Gaga said: �I think that some of the residual wounds, from high school, from being bullied, and feeling not good enough, I think it stays with you your whole life. And it�s about every day becoming stronger and becoming more brave.�

Gaga expressed that things she heard from people as a teenager, are still a part of her life. �I got really bullied. I had a nice group of friends, but getting picked on in school � it sticks with you for life and I don�t think I realised how deeply it affected me until I started to become more successful and suddenly there�s lots of pressure and you have to be a role model,� she said. �I had to look inside myself and say, �Well, what do I have to offer?� Because for so many years I felt like I didn�t have very much to offer.�

She was picked on for a lot of reasons, says Gaga. �All sorts of things. They said I had a big nose and I had buckteeth,� she explained. �I had my teeth fixed. And I got thrown in a trash can��

Gaga (real name Stefani Germanotta) also said that it took her father, Joseph Germanotta, a little while to come around to acceptance of her outfits, her Gaga personality and her massive worldwide fame. �You know what, I think that deep down he knew I always had it. I just think it�s hard to watch your kids grow up and change and become themselves. I think also, my dad was a bad boy and he loved rock �n� roll, and I think the thing that terrified him the most was he saw himself inside of me.�

Gaga, we are truly inspired by you. And there�s nothing wrong if you still have residual wounds and doubt yourself from time to time. Because this will just make you strive harder.

Remember that quote by Bertrand Russell:
�The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.�

Source: http://galaxieblog.com.my/blog/permalink.asp?id=4426

Amber Tamblyn Ali Larter kate hudson jessica alba

No comments:

Post a Comment