Monday, April 18, 2011

Kanye West Dedicates Coachella 2011 Set to His Mama

Filed under: , , ,


FilmMagic

Kanye West stripped down for his flawless Coachella 2011 headlining set that closed out the 12th year of the internationally renown music festival. With only aid from Bon Iver's Justin Vernon on distorted backup vocals and the Clipse's Pusha-T during 'Runaway,' West didn't rely on the usual overload of major guest collaborators -- both Rihanna and Katy Perry who Kanye has singles with ('All of the Lights' and 'E.T.,' respectively) had been spotted at the festival over the weekend sparking rumors of walk-ons. Displaying his powerful vocal athleticism on a 23-song setlist, Kanye West, the guy that toasts douchebags and a--holes, bared his soul to the crammed Coachella crowd after performing 'Love Lockdown,' off his fourth album '808s & Heartbreak.'

"When I made that album I was in a very dark place in my life -- losing everything that was important to me," Kanye West told the crowd. The album was released in November 2008, one year after his mother unexpectedly passed away from a freak plastic surgery-related incident while Kanye was in London. "And when I was making my last album ['My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy'] I kept saying I can't wait to perform 'Power' at Coachella ..." The crowd screamed in approval. "So this is the most important festival to me since my mama passed."

Source: http://www.theboombox.com/2011/04/18/kanye-west-coachella-2011/

whitney port cheryl burke Salma Hayek Candice Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment